Sunday, August 10, 2008

Out with the old - In with the new



Just this past Monday my washing machine of 14 years gave up the ghost. It went to that great place in the sky via way of the landfill. We thought no problem, in the storage shed at the mission house is another one. So we dug it out and hooked it up. I put in the laundry and started it. All was great until it came time to ring the water out. I came back to water dripping off of the clothes. So off to the store we went. We needed new ones anyways to go to Africa. The International Mission Board ships your appliances, for those who are wondering. The old machine used any where from 45 to 50 gallons of water a load. The new machine only uses around 10 to 15 gallons of water a load. The only problem I have found it that they highly recommend using high efficiency detergent. It says HE on the bottle. Do you think I will find that stuff in Africa?

No comments: