Friday, March 27, 2009

Appointment Week

I never did report on our week in Greenville, South Carolina, called Appointment Week. It started Sat. March 14th with a Communicating Effectively Workshop. This was wonderful for me - I don't like standing up front in a church and talking. It taught us how to write modules for speaking engagements in church for 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes.


We stayed in the Hyatt. I fell in love with the ma tress. Usually I can't wait to get home and into my own bed again. I slept good. The food was good too, although we are not use to eating like that.


We had meetings on Travel and Freight, Finance (filled out all kinds of forms), a little orientation on where we will be living in VA, met with all kinds of people, gave our testimony to the trustees. This all followed up with the Appointment Ceremony on Wed. night. A lot more happened, too much to list and tell you all about it. We had a wonderful time, God has opened our eyes and has blessed us much.

Keep us in your prayers. We have a lot to do until we pull out with a truck on April 10th.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

We enjoyed getting to know you. I look forward to ILC with you. I like your new picture on your sidebar.