Friday, July 10, 2009

Flying to Africa

Thanks so much to Uncle Dale and Aunt Marion who went with us to the airport and then drove our van back to my Dad's house. Thank you also to Uncle Eby who drove my Dad's truck to and from the airport. He also knew some back way to go. We all of a sudden popped out of the country and into the city of Philly.

We arrived at the airport kind of early, but we never have flown with our whole family before. We checked in and then got some dinner. Our plane took off at 9:05 headed to London. Heather didn't like the take off. During the flight she was fine. Then landing had her with the bag over her mouth.

We landed in London at 9 in the morning their time. We had a 10 hour lay over. Heather spent around 8 of that in the bathroom over the toilet. At 2pm I became more concerned. She needed to stop this so that she could get on the next plane. There was a pharmacy in the airport. I decided maybe she has a nervous stomach like I did as a teenager. I wanted Mylox, but settled on Milk of Magnesia. She kept it down and went to sleep. I then gave her Dramamen for the next flight.

We boarded the plane on time, but because of weather during the day they were behind. We sat for 1 1/2 hours at the gate. Taking off late some how didn't effect our landing. I believe that we landed on time. I could be wrong though. Heather did some very heavy breathing during take off and landing and did fine.

We were met in customs by a fellow missionary. She had paper work to show them. We still had to pay for tourist visa's, but only the adults. They helped us round up all of the luggage and drove us to the Baptist Mission.

In Africa,
Rita

No comments: