Friday, January 11, 2013

Liberty University and Harrisonburg, VA

On the Friday before Thanksgiving we went to visit Liberty University.  They call it “Friendly Fridays.”  It included breakfast, lunch, a tour, and information about the University.

Being a family of 6, we would need two hotel rooms for two nights!  Steve didn’t like the price and so I started thinking about how we can do this and not stay in a hotel.  We have friends in Harrisonburg, VA and they were kind enough to keep 6 extra people in their house.

We stayed with them Thursday and Friday nights.  We drove to Lynchburg, VA to visit Liberty University Friday morning and drove back to Harrisonburg in the afternoon.

IMG_0156

This pooch slept on Heather’s bed all night on Thursday night.  Or I probably should say Heather slept in his bed.  I thought I would take a picture of him there on Friday night.  He didn’t want his picture taken and went down into the basement to sleep with Seth all night.  Seth was in love.  He misses our cat that usually spends her night in Seth’s bed.

IMG_0166

On Saturday morning we went out to their little farm where they were butchering turkeys.  We soon left to drive up to PA to stay with my Dad for the week.  This is what I found my boys doing!

 

No comments: