Monday, November 21, 2011

Taken a Trip

Today the kids had some catching up to do in school and then it is no more school for the week.  Thanksgiving, Yea!  Which means our last supply trip for the year and this one is to Lusaka.

When we first came to Zambia, I made the kids do school the day before we left on a trip and the day after we came back, but not anymore.  Back then we were behind in school, now we are a little ahead.  Plus, I am not super woman.

I also learned don’t wait until the day before to do everything that you need to do before the trip.  Last time I (Rita) went to Lusaka the electric decided to stay off most of the day.  There are not McDonald’s drive thru to visit.  We have to take our food.  Now, there are restaurants, but why make a 12 hour drive any longer than necessary.

So today was a busy day.  I made two loaves of bread and the bread machine did two more for me.  Also, 24 rolls for sandwiches on the road.  Cappuccino Muffins for breakfast on the road.  Once in Lusaka we can buy food, but for our family of six it gets expensive.  Steve is already seeing dollar signs.  Plus, I just don’t like the bread here.  So I take bread along.  Some of the bread will go into the freezer once there for the trip back. 

I did manage two loads of laundry today.  I’m praying for at least one more load tomorrow.  This morning after my alarm went off, Steve came in to tell me we have absolutely no water in any tank.  We have a mystery on our hands for over a week now.  We are not sure where it is going to.  I spent most of the day in water saving mode.  At 9PM everything is full to the top and the pump is turned off.  We shall see what it looks like in the morning.

Steve was off to Kasama to pay the workers there and to have the 40,000 K (I think) check up on the car.  He can do a lot of things himself, but this was a much bigger list than he wanted to do.  Plus he had to pay road tax on the trailer and the retirement money for the workers.  He was going to go to Shop Rite (groceries), but he called at 7 to say they are just finishing the vehicle!!!   This was all to make our trip to Lusaka less hectic.

1 comment:

rsctt603 said...

Blessings to you, and thank you for your service for HIM!

www.wayfarersquest-rsctt.blogspot.com
www.wayfarersquest.com