Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Electricity Woes Part II

So the electric came on Thursday morning and I was happy.  Four days later it went again.  Sunday morning is left us and didn’t come back until Monday afternoon.  So we got some experience living for about 30 hours with out electric. 

The four days with electricity were interesting.  On that Saturday it took me all day practically to do one load of laundry!!!  The electricity was so low most of the day that the contractor wouldn’t stay in.  So every time I thought about it I went by and pushed it in to see if there was enough power to keep it in so that I could turn on my washing machine again and then later the dryer.

That same evening I was trying to use the blender to make applesauce.  It wouldn’t go around fast enough.  Steve thought: Oh! there is something wrong with that.  I’m thinking, I haven’t done anything to make this not work.  I think it is the electric. 

We are suppose to have 220 volts coming through the electric lines into our house.  If we have 190 we think that is good.  At the time I was doing the applesauce we were only getting 75 volts.  The thing is, all these gadgets we have to stabilize the electric should have cut off the fridge and freezer like it had been doing to my washing machine and dryer all day.  So to save everything we just turned off the main to the house. Then we wait 15 minutes to 1/2 hour and turn it on and see if the voltage is high enough to run things.

No comments: