Saturday, April 28, 2012

Back to Zambia!

Saturday morning we left Sun n Sand.  It took us 13 hour to arrive back in Lusaka.  We saw a very bad accident on the way home.  It makes you appreciate what the US has.  You also wonder how do they deal with this stuff.  The accident must have just happened.  People were walking down the road to it but haven’t arrived yet.  I wanted to stop, but then what can I do.  I have no medical training.  I don’t speak the language.  I can’t even call 911.  I can pray and so did.

We thank God for our safety in all our traveling.  In the last town before Lusaka we forgot about a big speed bump and the paint has worn off of it.  Steve slammed the brakes, but we still hit it a little to hard.  I think the trailer had lift off for a second or two.  When this has happened before, we stop and check things out.  Everything is usually alright and so this time Steve didn’t stop.  We got into Lusaka and wondered why when we are going slow the trailer is jerking us so much.  The trailer had come unhitched!  The chain was the only thing holding it to our vehicle!  We thank God for protecting us and those around us.  A loose trailer could be very dangerous.

No comments: