Tuesday, December 15, 2009

40 / 40 at Ibus Gardens

On Monday morning, November 16th, our ride picked us up from the village at 6:30 AM.  The bus, which was air conditioned this time, was leaving the Bush Camp at 8 AM.  We drove back to Lusaka and then about 1 hour north on the Great North Road to Ibus Gardens.  Here we had a three bedroom house with air condition to live in.  We debriefed here.  Tues., Wed., and Thurs. mornings we studied Pilot, which is a way of learning the language.  Steve has used it all this week and is loving it.  I will also be using it starting in January.

Steve and I came away from this a little down in the dumps.  They really stressed that the wife also needs to learn the language.  I know I need to learn it, but how do I fit it into my schedule.  Do we just stop teaching our children school for six months?  They are already behind according to school in the states.  I don't want to do that.  We need help.  We do have our name in at http://www.missionnanny.com/.  So we began to pray about this.

Last week Steve's language helper wanted to know if we have some work for his youngest brother who has come to live with him.  His name is Moses.  He has finished high school and does speak English, although not as well as I would like.  I have trained him this week.  On Friday, I wrote out a schedule for him and he did 4 hours of school mostly all by himself.  God is Good

No comments: