Thursday, October 2, 2008

Summer Reading Programs part 2









These are pictures from the library program. For the three youngest ones, once they have read 20 books they get a certificate, medal, and get to pick a free book from a box. At the end of the summer they have a party and get more prizes by having their names drawn out of a box. Since the theme was bugs, they had bug prizes. Lane won a bug container with a magnifying glass on top. Quit a few spiders have lived in it for a day or to. Seth got to pick the drawing from some local artist, because he already had the prize that they were handing out.



The teenagers had a different program. After 10 books were read you got a beach ball. For 20 books you got a bag that Tobias is holding. For each 10 books after that your name was put in for a summer end drawing that was for the whole county, not just each library. Tobias won 2nd place in the whole county of Spartanburg. He got a $100 gift card to Barnes & Nobles. He can't wait to spend it. Mommy hasn't taken him yet, but he is thinking on Christmas presents for his family.


I, mommy, won too. They have a summer reading program for adults. There was weekly drawings and summer end drawing. I won a weekly drawing the first week I entered. I got a bag, book, CD, coffee, coffee mug, and a $5.00 gift card to an ice cream place.


Happy Reading

Rita


1 comment:

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Steve,
This is David Kizziah. I have been trying to call you...I guess I got the old cell phone digits. Let me have the new ones and I will try and give you guys a buzz. I hope all is going well in the waiting.

IN HIM